SNA Blood Drive

Students and faculty gathered in the SSC Event Rooms Tuesday, Feb. 7, for the SNA Community Blood Drive. "People need blood, all the time. The biggest need is the O's - the negatives and the positives." Team leader Debbia Williams, R.N., checks on one of the student donors. "I've never [donated blood] before, and I thought it'd be a cool opportunity." Sophomore nursing student Meghan Roberts is attended to by Tracy, one of the volunteer nurses. "It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought it would hurt." "[This is] something I can do that's not a huge commitment or a drain on me, that's going to help people. So why not, you know?" Sophomore pre-med biology student Sorrel Paris waits for her tourniquet. Donors trickled into the makeshift "waiting room" throughout the 4-hour block. Snacks and water were available for the donors prior to and after giving blood.
<
>
"I've never [donated blood] before, and I thought it'd be a cool opportunity." Sophomore nursing student Meghan Roberts is attended to by Tracy, one of the volunteer nurses. "It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I thought it would hurt."

author-avatar

This author has not supplied a bio yet.

No Replies to "SNA Blood Drive"