Un Mundo Café: A Hidden Springfield Coffee Spot

By Anna Harman

Un Mundo is Spanish for one world. The name expresses the owners’ commitment to connection and community on a global and local scale. 

The owners of Un Mundo Café support fair and direct trade with coffee farmers around the world through their partnership with Deeper Roots Coffee, and they champion the well-being of their city through the promotion of regional art, music, and businesses. 

This coffee shop is in a quiet part of Springfield, very close to the location of Clark State Community College. It’s about 20 minutes away from Cedarville’s campus.

When my friend and I walked in, there was a huge menu that went almost to the ceiling. The cafe had many options from coffee, to smoothies, to breakfast food, as well as various lunch options. The number of options was almost overwhelming. 

I ordered a large iced chai tea latte with brown sugar cinnamon syrup added in. This is my usual order at places such as Starbucks which I go to frequently. It was pretty good, but I will say the chai wasn’t as strong as I would like. My friend got a smoothie and she loved it. They handed us our drinks in these giant open glass mugs. I thought this was a cool and unique touch that they added. 

I tried an iced chai latte with brown sugar cinnamon.

As we sat in the shop and talked, it felt very calm there. Plenty of light streamed in from the windows, and lots of seating was available between the front and back of the store. Many families came in and the children had giant mugs filled with fruit smoothies. It seemed like everyone in there was just talking and enjoying one another’s company. It felt like a very safe, calm environment to be able to meet up with someone for coffee or a meal. 

It wasn’t too expensive for the amount they gave you. I paid around $5 for my giant mug of chai, even with the added flavor. I was shocked because I would pay anywhere from $6.50 to $7 for the same drink at Starbucks. I enjoyed the cheap prices of their food and drinks! I also really enjoyed the family-friendly, relaxing environment. It wasn’t too busy, but it was just busy enough to feel like we were a part of the community for a while. 

Overall, I think this was an affordable, comfortable, quiet coffee shop that would be good for Cedarville students to check out and take the time to study or meet with friends! 

Anna Harman is a senior Christian Education major and also a reporter for Cedars. She appreciates writing, chai lattes, flowers, and going to concerts.

No Replies to "Un Mundo Café: A Hidden Springfield Coffee Spot"