Cedarville University Has an Expensive Shoe Game

By Daine Halsey

Shoes… everyone wears them. Yet, some people are willing to spend more money than others when it comes to their footwear. Some people like to wear a nice, cheap pair of shoes that will help them get from Point A to Point B. Others are more willing to spoil themselves with a small fortune. As I have gone around campus, I have stopped people wearing expensive sneakers, asked them how much they paid for their shoes and took pictures of them. The price of these shoes may surprise you. Let’s take a look!

I came across this pair of Adidas Yeezy 350 Zebra’s while at Chick-Fil-A. This student told me that he bought them at retail price at $220. This is a huge steal. Yeezy’s sell in a limited stock and resale very high. A new pair of these kicks usually sell close to $400.

Next up, are the Yeezy 350 Beluga’s. I found a student rocking this pair of shoes in the library, styling away while getting some studying done. This student got the pair for retail value for $220, but the resale value is over $100 more.

Once again, I came across another pair of Yeezy 350s. I’m beginning to notice a trend. With boldness on his feet, I caught this student in the middle of filling up their drink at Chick-Fil-A. This student bought these 350 Butters used from another Cedarville student. Yet, these shoes are worth nearly $400.

Here, I found yet another Yeezy shoe but this time one slightly different. I found this student at Chuck’s wearing a pair of Yeezy 700 Bright Blues. He told me that he bought them for the resale because he just really liked the shoes. These Yeezy’s usually sell for a little over $300.

This next pair of shoes is one I was extremely jealous of as soon as I laid my eyes on them. I found this student wearing these Off-White Nike Air Max 90’s in the library, sitting there like he was not wearing over one grand on his feet. He told me that he bought these shoes used for $1,100, but new sneakers are selling for up to $1,700 to $1,900.

I saved the best for last. I saw this student wearing this pair of sneakers at Chuck’s, and my eyes nearly popped out of my head while my jaw was dangling to the floor. He won the lottery by getting these Off-White Air Jordan 1 UNC’s for their retail value of $190 when they first came out. Now, these shoes are reselling for over $2,500.

Daine Halsey is a Junior Biblical Studies Accelerated major and a journalist for Campus News and Arts and Entertainment for Cedars. Daine loves to play guitar, read, hit the gym and spend quality time with his friends and family.

No Replies to "Cedarville University Has an Expensive Shoe Game"