Dino’s Cappuccinos is a Quirky Spot in Yellow Springs

By Anna Harman

Dino’s Cappuccinos is located in Yellow Springs, Ohio. It’s only about 12 minutes from campus, so it’s a pretty close option if you want to get coffee outside of Cedarville.

The first thing that I noticed about this coffee shop was the minimal, crowded street parking. My friends and I looked for a spot for a long time and had to squeeze in a small spot. It wasn’t the ideal parking situation.

When you walk in, it’s clear that it’s a very small shop. It seemed like there were a lot of locals that came in there, because I felt like we were kind of the odd-ones-out. There were lots of drinks to choose from, and even a seasonal menu for fall drinks. We tried an apple cider and chai drink that was topped with whipped cream and a cinnamon stick. It was very pretty, but I was a little underwhelmed by the flavor. It mostly tasted like normal apple cider and it didn’t seem worth $5.

I did think the drinks were a bit overpriced. It was about $6 for some of the coffee drinks or lattes, which is more than even most Starbucks drinks. I wouldn’t personally pay that much for the drinks there just based off of the Autumn Spice drink I tried at Dino’s.

My friends and I tried the Autumn Spice drink.

One aspect I did like was the unique decorations all over the place. There were posters of several musicians such as Dean Martin, and flags from various places hung around the room. They also had family photos lining the beams on one side of the room and I thought that was a very sweet, personal touch that brought a warmness to the business.

It had maybe four or five tables in there, but it was very crowded. We were standing almost against one man’s table while we were waiting on our drinks. I wouldn’t recommend it for homework if you like having space to work or if you want a quiet, calm location. With a couple people in the room, it gets tight in there quickly.

While I didn’t find it very relaxing, it did have a unique style to it and could be a cool location to check out with friends just to try it. This wasn’t my favorite of the local coffee shops around Cedarville, but it was a new experience that I enjoyed having with friends. 

Anna Harman is a senior Christian Education major and also a reporter for Cedars. She appreciates writing, chai lattes, flowers, and going to concerts.

No Replies to "Dino’s Cappuccinos is a Quirky Spot in Yellow Springs"